Sarah: We recently had occasion to host a Bridge8 lunch. Having survived a fantastically busy April/May/June focusing on:
- the Australian pilot of I’m a Scientist, Get Me Out of Here!;
- The Australia Council’s Connect Arts website in the form of blog posts around social media strategy and the use of Storify as an archiving tool;
- ideas that don’t make sense (aka XTK projects);
- digital dysphorias at Media 140;
- hashtag science, including #onsci chats;
- supporting the User Generated Cities event; and
- Kristin starring at TEDActive,
we thought we deserved a little celebration!
Coworkers @nwynn, @rubinacarlson and @secretwombat, along with #onsci colleague Heather Bray were in, as was I’m a Scientist food zone legend Nathan O’Callaghan and the Australian Science Teachers Association new online media guru, also known as Nigel Mitchell. Once we established that CSIRO foodie Nathan wasn’t going to judge us for going in hard on the delicious savoury pastries, creamy camembert with fennel tarrali and homemade pear/quince/ginger cake with cream, we all had a marvelous time enjoying the spread and discussing all manner of things sciencey and otherwise. Most certainly this should be a regular event!