Bridge8 and Australian CleanTech are conducting a nationwide search for university graduates, technicians and young professionals working in wind, solar, biofuels as well as other cleantechnology and clean energy applications. We are looking for a range of disciplines and professions. We want to share your stories in trade journals and schools’ resources to inform skills development and general science communications about this sector. The best submissions showing how your career path is making a difference for the future will be announced in early February.
To enter, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject title ‘Cleantech Careers Search’ and including your name, title, organisation and contact details. We’d like your application to address the following questions:
- What did you study?
- What has been your career progression?
- What are your career aspirations?
- Describe the tasks and responsibilities of your current job in the clean energy sector. What impacts might this have on the wider community?
- What is the most challenging part of your job?
- What is the most rewarding part of your job?
- Why is the study of science, technology or engineering relevant for your role?
- What career advice would give to school students interested in a similar career?
Further information on the conditions and outcomes of the Cleantech Careers Search can be obtained by emailing us.
(EDIT 11 Jan: Our initial deadline did encourage a few quick responses, but we’re eager for more, especially in advance of the the school year and the Clever Green conference in SA in mid-February. Please keep sending your submissions through!).